Hurricane Preparedness: Family Healthy Advice
It’s officially Hurricane season in South Florida. How prepared is your family?
Hurricanes are a prime time for injuries and illnesses, your family must be ready to handle any health-related issues at home, as well as know when to seek out professional medical treatment. World Medical Care is always caring for the community during a hurricane by offering extended hours and at-home medical attention 24/7. World Medical Care’s on-site pharmaceutical dispensary and lab testing will be available before and after a storm ensuring your families good health at all times.
Here are 9 easy family friendly tips to follow for hurricane readiness.
- Water is essential for life. Be sure and keep enough bottles of water to last you and your family for a few days.
- Food is important as well. Store several days’ worth of non-perishable foods like tuna and canned fruit and vegetables.
- Gasoline- Be sure and fill your car up with enough gas to last a few days. It is also a good idea to keep enough on hand to fill your generator as needed.
- Keep a cooler on hand to store your food and any medications that may need to keep cool.
- With an impending storm; it is a good idea to make sure all your prescriptions have been filled or keep an urgent care phone number on hand.
- Your health is most important, make sure to schedule a quick check up for your family.
- Power will most likely be out so it is a good idea to keep plenty of flashlights, batteries, and a weather radio handy.
- Paper plates, napkins, paper towels, and plastic utensils are good disposable items to keep handy when preparing for a storm.
- If you have kids, it is a good idea to keep comfort items with you as well. Books, board games, and anything that can keep them and you calm and busy are good to have with you.